Embedded Engineer, Hardware OS, Innovation.
Responsibilities of the embedded electronics engineer on this dynamic team include all aspects of design, development and support for existing established 50yr old global products manufacturer. This should including experience with analog sensor interfaces, analog to digital conversion, microcontroller designs, communication interfaces, and control of device hardware. This includes design analysis and documentation, bug tracking, and version and release control. It also requires a knowledge of the tradeoffs between hardware and firmware solutions and the ability to contribute to the overall system design.
Expected to exhibit the behaviors that define culture of excellence, teamwork, professionalism, and integrity.
Minimum Background and Skills Required:
1. B.S Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field 5+ years of experience in product
development, including 3+ years of experience with circuit design and PCB layout
2. Experience with measurement instrumentation
3. Hardware knowledge, surface mount technology, debugging, PCB manufacturing processes
4. Experience in the design of analog and digital electronic circuits including low noise analog
circuits, op-amps, filters, A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, and power supplies
5. Development experience with both OS and non-OS based embedded systems
6. Experience with wired and wireless communication
7. Experience with electronic CAD systems as well as bug and issue tracking systems
8. Familiarity with safety standards and regulations such as CE Marking
9. Familiarity with stage gate development and/or Agile development
10. Experience with development under a formal Quality System
11. Strong team skills
12. Strong written & verbal communication skills
Additional Background and Skills Preferred:
1. 5+ years developing products of similar scope and complexity to current products
2. Knowledge of ISO Quality Systems Requirements
3. Familiarity with physics of fluorescence, light polarization and light scattering a plus.
4. Familiarity with Altium and/or Autodesk EAGLE