Senior Network Engineer to work with the Cloud Engineering Squad composed of world class system & network architects, engineers, developers, testers, and writers collaborating on the next generation on premise DoD Cloud. milCloud2.0
The Senior Network Engineer will work under specific direction supporting the Cloud Engineering Squad by performing assigned tasks for routine and basic network products. Maintains currency, debugs, and configures related products. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolves problems. Support the team with architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying new and existing technical capabilities to continually evolve the cloud infrastructure and service offerings. Prepares product documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- This position reports directly to the milCloud Lead Network Architect
- Responsible to engineer an On-premise Cloud infrastructure and services utilizing best in-class technologies that will address evolving customer needs and support integration of enhancements to the infrastructure.
- Participates in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development.
- Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative engineering solutions.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, and experience in developing briefings and responses to GAO, OMB, and executives within the department.
- Possesses extensive network infrastructure knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Active DOD TOP SECRET Clearance
- 8570 IAT Level III Certification
- 8-10 years of WAN network architecting & engineering experience
- 4-6 years of data center network architecting & engineer experience
- Must have experience with Cisco Switches and related technologies
- Must have experience Cisco Routers and related technologies
- Must have experience Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet network appliances
- Must have experience F5 Appliances
- Detail oriented and “can-do” abilities
- AWS, Azure, or other Cloud Experience a plus
- Experience within DoD Programs
- ITILv3 Certification
- Knowledge or experience of cloud is a plus.