Senior Test Engineer to work with the Cloud Engineering Squad composed of world class system & network architects, engineers, developers, testers, and writers collaborating on the next generation on premise DoD Cloud. The Senior Test Engineer under specific direction supporting the Cloud Engineering Squad by performing assigned tasks for routine and basic system products. Maintains currency, debugs, and configures related products. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolves problems. Support the team with architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying new and existing technical capabilities to continually evolve the cloud infrastructure and service offerings. Prepares product documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- This position reports directly to the milCloud Test Manager.
- The candidate manage all test functions in support of both software development and engineering deployments.
- Responsible to develop test plans, test approaches, and test cases.
- Works directly with software development team and engineering teams in developing test approaches.
- Ensures that customer, product manager, and technical lead requirements are met as described in both technical detail, use cases, and user stories.
- Identifies tools as needed to ensure that products meet all specifications and demand.
- Develops artifacts to clearly articulate to Sr Leadership where any user story or requirement are in the test process and well as what will be eligible for deployment in the next product releases.
- Verify Requirements and User Stories are testable.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Active DOD TOP SECRET Clearance
- 8-10 years of software development testing experience
- 4+ years of Agile testing experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in automation scripting, prefer Java Scripting
- 4+ years of experience in web automation tools, prefer Selenium tool.
- Must be a self-starter that identifies performance gaps and addresses them
- Must be experienced with optimizing test functions
- Must be experienced with standing up new test teams in support of new software development projects.
- Must be an effective writer with experience writing test plans and test cases.
- Must be able to identify gaps or conflicts in the requirements and user stories
- Detail oriented and “can-do” abilities
- AWS, Azure, or other Cloud Experience a plus
- Knowledge or experience of cloud is a plus.
- Experience within DoD Programs
- ITIL v3 Certification
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification