Cloud System Engineer to work with the Cloud Engineering team composed of world class system & network architects, engineers, developers, testers, and writers collaborating on the next generation on premise DoD Cloud.
The Cloud System Engineer under specific direction support the Cloud Engineering team by performing assigned tasks for routine and basic system products. Maintains currency, debugs, and configures related products. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolves problems. Support the team with architecting, designing, implementing, and deploying new and existing technical capabilities to continually evolve the cloud infrastructure and service offerings. Prepares product documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to engineer an On-premise Cloud infrastructure and services utilizing best in-class technologies that will address evolving customer needs and support integration of enhancements to the infrastructure.
- Participates in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development.
- Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative engineering solutions.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, and experience in developing briefings and responses to GAO, OMB, and executives within the department.
- Possesses extensive Cloud infrastructure knowledge and hands-on experience with the DoDAF, the Business Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Transition Plan, Service Oriented Architecture, and the Business Mission Area Federation Strategy and Roadmap.
- Performs product research, examine product trade-offs, developing presentations, coordinating vendor meetings, and developing documenting.
- Perform system administration functions
- Respond to incident tickets
- Other tasks as assigned
- BS or equivalent + 9 yrs related experience, or MS + 7 yrs related experience
- 8+ years of experience architecting, designing, engineering, integrating, deploying, and maintaining data center Infrastructure preferably within the DOD.
- 5+ years of hardware experience to include compute, network, & storage
- 5+ years of experience implementing DOD Security Controls
- Must be skilled Linux
- Must have experience deploying capabilities from cradle to grave into a data center
- Must have experience developing documentation for architectures, designs, engineering, and operational support.
- Must be a self-starter that drives solutions to implementation.
- Active DOD TOP SECRET Clearance
- IAT-2 Certification
Nice to Have:
- AWS, Azure, or other Cloud Experience a plus