System Engineer will join the Enterprise Portal team. The Portal provides the customer with single sign-on, and makes use of micro-services. The AWS Systems Engineer will ensure the system’s high availability, and maintain program Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). He or she will collaborate closely with developers and other technology personnel to develop, migrate and manage services in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment, and in physical data centers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Learn and implement new technologies or build them independently
- Identify potential scaling issues and help define how to monitor and fix them
- Deliver continuous improvement of recipes, scripts and templates for reproducible deployments
- Monitor and maintain multiple public-facing web applications
- Manage development repositories, build automation and application deployment activities
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems
- 9 or more years of experience automating and managing Linux infrastructure
- Expert in building Linux/Unix VM’s/AMI’s from scratch.
- Expert in automating patch install and security hardening.
- 5 year of experience in hosting high available/traffic websites infrastructure.
- 5 years of experience in fine tuning webservers and web applications.
- 5 years of experience with fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP.
- 5 years of experience with high availability technologies
- 5 years of experience with network infrastructure
- 3 years of experience using AWS FedRamp Services (hands-on)
- 3 years of experience with integrating with micro services as a SaaS (hands-on)
- 5 years of experience supporting a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving at least hundreds of servers
- 5 years of experience with specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
- 5 years of experience with ensuring efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
Desired Education and Experience
- AWS certification
- Expert with AWS EC2/AMI and cloud formation templates
- Expert in configuration management systems such as Ansible Chef, or Puppet
- Expert in any one of the following: Antivirus COTS products, encryption COT product, Ngini as SaaS, F5, role base authentication using Okta as SaaS, Workflow using Saviynt as SaaS
- Experience supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)